“To end the cycle of inherited cancer through research, education, and outreach”
ICARE is a questionnaire-based research study established in June 2010, representing a clinical-research-community partnership among medical practitioners, researchers, and members of the general population. The goal of our research efforts is to maintain a registry of individuals interested in participating in inherited cancer research studies. Through this registry we hope to improve access to cancer genetics expertise for patients and healthcare providers. There is no cost to participate in ICARE and communications can be conducted via phone, email, or mail.
Has inherited cancer affected you or a family member?
If so, we encourage you to explore our site where you can learn more about ICARE and the services we offer, as well as join our registry.
Who Can Participate in ICARE?
- Men and women
- Aged 18 or older
- Have a personal and/or family history of cancer
What are the Benefits of Participation?
- Bi-annual newsletters outlining clinical and research updates for those with inherited cancer predisposition
- Family sharing letters to aid in sharing genetic test results with family members
What Does ICARE Participation Entail?
Participation in this study includes completion of one or more of the following:
- Informed Consent form
- Initial Questionnaire
- Follow-up questionnaires to gather updates to your personal and family history
- Provide copies of your genetic test results and family tree (if applicable)
- Donating a saliva sample (optional)
To read previous editions of the ICARE newsletter, please click here.