Genetic/Familial High-Risk Assessment: Breast and Ovarian Guidelines
- For breast cancer screening in BRCA carriers, yearly MRI is recommended starting at age 25; mammograms may be considered in instances where MRI is unavailable or individualized based on earliest age of onset in the family. From age 30-75, annual mammogram and breast MRI is recommended. Above age 75, management should be considered on an individual basis.
- In male BRCA carriers, prostate cancer screening through annual PSA and digital rectal exam starting at age 40 was recommended in BRCA2 carriers and a consideration in BRCA1
- Modifications to TP53 testing and management recommendations
- Refinement of screening recommendations in PTEN mutation carriers
- Expansion of the multi-gene testing section including considerations when assessing mutations in less characterized genes and general recommendations.
To access the full guidelines document, refer to www.nccn.org